|Type:||Jogging Stroller (Single)
|Summary||Mobility||Pros for Baby|
|Safety||Pros for Parents||Popular Accessories|
The Schwinn Turismo Swivel is a flexible use stroller, with a front swivel wheel that lets you lock it for running, or unlock for better maneuverability around town. Its spring suspension system offers a pretty smooth ride. It is not best in class, like the BOB Revolution, but it’s also much cheaper so overall a very good value for the money.
This stroller also offers convenience features such as a:
- built in MP3 player speaker system, to keep you and your child entertained
- parent tray with space for your personal items, 2 cup holders and a plug in for your MP3 player
- pivoting child tray with two cup holders
Schwinn Turismo Swivel folds with an easy collapse system. While the fold down system isn’t as simple to handle as the BOB Revolution it actually collapses the stroller much flatter than the BOB Revolution. Also the front wheel is also easy to remove in case you want to fit the stroller in an extra-tight space.
Additionally, the convenience of the parent tray with space for your personal items, 2 cup holders and a plug in for your MP3 player to the stroller sound system makes traveling with your child much more comfortable for both of you.
The Schwinn Turismo Swivel includes safety features such as:
- a 5-point safety harness
- hand lock for front wheel
- a parking brake,with individual rear pedals
- adjustable sun canopy with viewing window
The Schwinn Turismo Swivel has an exposed spring suspension system, with two 16″ back wheels it offers a smooth ride. While this suspension system falls short of the industry leader, the BOB Revolution, this is a much less expensive stroller and still provides very good performance relative to the price.
The Schwinn Turismo Swivel has a lightweight aluminum frame. Note that while this does give the Schwinn Turismo Swivel good durability, you would absolutely notice a difference versus the BOB Revolution stroller which uses the much sturdier aircraft grade welded aluminum. Again, this is a matter of price. The Schwinn Turismo is much less expensive and if you aren’t taking the baby out for a jog every day, this stroller should suit you just fine. A stroller is truly an investment in your family and your lifestyle. Just be realistic about your usage expectations versus the price of the stroller you really need.
Pros for Parents
- Great jogging performance
- Hand lock for front wheel
- The Parent Tray for storage of water bottles, keys and plug-in for MP3 player
Pros for Baby
- Smooth ride,good suspension system
- Comfort with plush seats
- MP3 Sound System
- Overall Safety
- Suspension system not as great as the competitor (BOB Revolution)
- Wheels squeak after a bit of use
- Child and parent trays are somewhat flimsy
Car Seats & Adapters
- Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat
- Peg-Perego Primo Viaggio Infant Car Seat
- Graco SnugRide 32 Infant Car Seat
- Universal Stroller Hooks